Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Food: Chocolate Peanut Squares

First a note. Yes, Friday Food has been missing lately. I make each one of the recipes and photograph it before it shows up on Friday Food. My schedule has been such lately that I haven't had time for much of any cooking or baking. Rather than repeat recipes, I've just chosen to be silent. Friday Food will remain sporadic for the summer and should get back to being a weekly feature by fall. In the mean time, you can find previous recipes at the Friday Food tag. Now on to this week's recipe...

It's my great uncle's 97th birthday next week and since my schedule has been a bit busy, I was looking for a recipe that be pretty quick, that I had all the ingredients for, and that I hadn't used here before. Chocolate Peanut Squares were the winner on all counts. This recipe comes from an old Taste of Home magazine. Simple, sweet, yummy.


Chocolate Peanut Squares

2 cups confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted

Topping:
2/3 cup chocolate chips
4 1/2 tsp peanut butter
1 tsp butter

Line a 9 inch square pan with aluminum foil and butter the foil; set aside.
In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs and combine. Spread into prepared pan.
Combine topping ingredients in a microwave safe bowl; heat in microwave until melted (about 1 minute). Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until cool.
Using foil, lift out of pan and cut into 1 inch squares.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment