Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Food: Dipped Ritz

As always, I made lots of cookies this past Christmas - over 500 to be exact. I remembered to photograph some of them, so that's where I'll start with the resurrection of Friday Food. Dipped Ritz was one of my mother-in-law's recipes that my husband and his sister always loved. She was a big baker, so I knew that some of her recipes would need to find their way into my Christmas baking this year. I asked my husband to be chief dipper for these to give him that connection to his mom. Tasty and therapeutic cookies - what more could you want?


Dipped Ritz

48 Ritz crackers
Peanut butter
6 blocks of almond bark or Borden's white chocolate candy coating
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1 Tbsp Crisco (not butter)

Spread peanut butter between 2 Ritz crackers to make a sandwich. Set aside.
Melt chocolate with butterscotch chips over low heat in double boiler on stove, stirring as it melts to keep it from sticking to bottom of pan.
Dip peanut butter crackers in melted chocolate mixture using tongs. Set on waxed paper to harden.
Makes about 24 confections.

Note: Use only dry utensils for melting or stirring as a drop or two of moisture could cause the coating to solidify or separate. To thin for dipping, add a little more Crisco and stir until smooth. DO NOT add water, milk, oil, margarine, or butter to thin.

Another note: Miniature Ritz Bits sandwiches can be used instead of the larger crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment