Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Food: Chicken Hula

Still struggling a bit with the focus of my blog, but we gotta eat! So I'll stick with Friday Food until the blog focus becomes clearer (in fact, that might be a blog posting in itself!)

I've been cutting out recipes since I got my first apartment in college, so this recipe may be vintage at this point! It came from Dole pineapple add and is a quick way to prepare a tropical chicken dish. I serve it with rice so the sauce has somewhere to go. I prepared this on the stove, but the chicken can be cooked on the grill and served with the sauce which you would prepare on the stove. Enjoy it as the days get warmer!

Chicken Hula

1-20 oz can pineapple slices or chunks (undrained)
4 boneless, skinless split chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, pressed
salt
1 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 to 4 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
1 Tbsp corn starch
 
Rub chicken with garlic; sprinkle with salt. Heat oil in large pan and brown chicken on both sides.
Combine pineapple juice with honey, soy sauce, lemon or lime juice, and cornstarch. Add to pan. Heat chicken until cooked through. Sauce will thicken.
Add pineapple, heat through.
Serve pineapple and sauce with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment