Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Food: Spiced Pork Chops

I was looking for something different to do with my pork chops and found this Taste of Home recipe that I had cut out at some point. (I have cut out more recipes than I could ever possibly try! I think it's an illness...) This recipe is a little sweet, but tasty. And it smelled yummily familiar as it cooked. Something from my childhood, but I never did figure out what. Enjoy!


Spiced Pork Chops

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp salt
pinch black pepper
4 pork loin chops (about 3/4" thick)
1 to 2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

In a shallow dish, combine the first 10 ingredients; dredge pork s=chops on both sides.
In a skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides.
Place in a greased 13"x 9" x 2" baking dish. Combine ketchup, water, and brown sugar; pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
Yield: 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment