Monday, June 30, 2014

Daring Adventures in Collage: Week 4

So excited to be featured on the class page for Daring Adventures in Collage Week 3's Surrealist Collage! Remember Mama Bobcat and her basket full of kittens? Instructor Mati Rose McDonough said, "This one by Terri is just amazing! Kittens!!! It makes me smile each time I see it. I just noticed that she is marching towards a wine glass too;) I love how she just did it in her notebook with some quick paint strokes as a background. Well done, Terri!" That made my day!


Week 4 is an Unconventional Surface collage - so anything other than the usual canvas or paper surface. I decided to use on of the multitudes of old CDs I have around that I'm sure I'll figure out some creative use for some day. In my head, this was going to be a bird with a 3D head sticking out, but it turned into a flower instead. I used several catalogs I had around for the collage pieces and left some of the shiny CD showing for bling. And, of course, there's a garden gnome in there for good measure. I've got lots more CDs, the bird may be yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment