Thursday, July 3, 2014

Daring Adventures in Collage: Week 4.5

This week's Daring Adventures in Collage assignment is about Dynamic Compositions, but I haven't gotten that far yet. This collage has been percolating on my desk over the past week. It started with a patchwork background of flowers from a catalog. There was a little hole left where I placed the owl. Then I minutes here and there over a couple of days trying to figure out what the owl was doing. I knew he had a garden hat, but did he have a body? Was he in a fanciful house? Maybe a tree? Yes! A tree! A plaid tree!


Well, then what? Another day or two passed and I started thinking about the Owl and the Pussycat. I found a cat who draped over the tree branches nicely and read the poem. Turns out the poem is all ocean and stars and happiness. I looked at the annoyed looking owl and the insomniac cat and decided the honeymoon is over for those two. The next thing I knew, "Pussy said to the Owl, 'You elegant fowl! How charmingly sweet you sing!" became "Pussy said to the Owl, 'You noisy old fowl! Stop singing, so I may sleep!" Apologies to Edward Lear!

No comments:

Post a Comment