Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Still Collaging

Mati Rose McDonough's Daring Adventures in Collage class ended several weeks ago, but I find myself still collaging. This is good. I needed a creative push and the class was perfect. I can try out pieces of paper without committing to where I'm going to put them, then once I'm satisfied I can glue them down. Ink and paint seem more permanent to me, though I know they can also be fixed by rethinking a line or adding more paint. With collage, I can make fanciful scenes more easily than I can with my current drawing skills. I can make my crazy imagination visible or just throw pieces together to make something more abstract. Fun stuff!


This collage began with a red 2 that was on the ticket left in my car when I had it serviced last week. You'll also find bits of a tea box and a Kleenex box, a shopping bag, wrapping paper, tissue paper, netting from a bag of oranges, a bit from a Colonial Williamsburg brochure and a party hat, and some Zentangle elements. The piece in the upper left corner? When I have leftover paint, I brush and roll and dot it onto paper so I can use the result for other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment